Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Have The Power

With the help of Facebook's security team, I managed to eradicate the profile of an abusive internet user, Iokepa De. There is justice after all. I am not using this platform to brag about such minor an accomplishment (anyone can destroy an enemy's social network, right?) but I am encouraging all victims of online harassment to stand-up against their bullies and defend their rights to safe and responsible Internet usage.

Allow me to enjoy my victory, for they are few and far between. My hands are behind my head. My feet are on the table. My face is smiling smugly at my triumph. Somewhere in Argentina (yes, my tormentor is somewhere in Argentina), a vindictive and idiotic boy is wondering what happened to his Facebook account. This must be how Lara Croft felt in the Tomb Raider movie.

The Information Age has surely spawned a culture of angry and rude people. Have we become a generation of loudmouths yapping at everything and everyone. This is going into my philosophy of Subjectivism: the desire people have to become the subject of the world by speaking before thinking, by forgetting about the implications of their words, by abandoning empathy. My friends, kind readers, let's strive to improve this world we live on...even if that means punishing those that need to be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment