Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Murder at the River City Rave

I'm on the third chapter of my murder mystery novel. It's about a sexually ambiguous, half-Japanese former snitch named Fuller Clark in a city based on Portland, OR. It's loads of fun.

Portland is too small of a town. From my place to Powells downtown I met four guys I knew, and no, I did not sleep with any of them, thank you.

I'm a little under the weather and everyone is giving me drugs. My roommate gave me these two pills what may have been ibuprofen or muscle relaxer, my friend Katie gave me grapefruit extract and orange juice, and my other friend Shawn gave me four tiny homeopathic pills that I held under my tongue until the pills dissolved into a tiny, thick foam and disappeared. At least I knew my medicine people. So far, still coughing.

One of Shawn's friends was reading a graphic novel that had cyborg, Nazi gorillas and I posited a movie out of it.

"Angelica Houston versus cyborg, Nazi gorillas with Jack Black as Hitler."

Who wouldn't see that movie? Come one!

I saw I Love You, Man this weekend. Loved it. Necessary for men in this day and age. Paul Rudd gave another excellent performance of a nice yuppie. I'm waiting for his gay role, if he hasn't already played the part in another movie. That, or serial killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment